Monday, May 27, 2024
HomeSkegness NewsCaravan Owners Warned After Ingoldmells Fire

Caravan Owners Warned After Ingoldmells Fire

Published on

Firefighters called to Ingoldmells caravan fire

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue were called to a fire on a holiday park in Ingoldmells.

Caravan owners and holidaymakers staying in a caravan in Lincolnshire including Ingoldmells, Skegness, Cleethorpes, and Boston, have been warned to be careful after a caravan fire in Ingoldmells.

On August 6th, 2023, two fire crews from Skegness Fire Station attended at a fire in Ingoldmells. The caravan fire which was situated on Ingoldmells holiday park Beach Estate was caused by a towel placed over a heater.

The fire crews who attended the fire at around 12.14am extinguished the fire.

A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said that the fire had been caused by a towel being placed over an electric heater.”

Ingoldmells caravan fire

“Fire damage to one electric heater extinguished using dry powder extinguishers, small tools and thermal imaging camera.”

“Caused by a towel being placed over the heater.” The Lincolnshire fire service has extensive guidelines on caravan safety, with the east coast being a popular site for holidaymakers.

Caravan holiday park guidelines include that all caravans must have a smoke alarm. Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue advise that all smoke alarms should be checked weekly. However, it has been reported that many caravans in Lincolnshire do not have a working smoke alarm.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue are advising caravan owners and holidaymakers staying in a caravan to not block air vents, as leaking gas could knock them unconscious. They also advise not to put towels over heaters.

 

Latest articles
Articles You May Like