A leading Business Coach who has been featured on NBC, CBS, Fox, USA Today, and CNN.com, has who been responsible for helping hundreds of business owners avoid failure, talks about the importance business coaching and how the next generation can achieve success.
1. Each year tens of thousands of new small businesses fail within the first two years, why do you think that is?
– Poor Leadership is the number one reason for small business failure in the first two years. Care must be taken to regularly study, organize, plan, control, poor decision making and weak leadership skills. Successful businesses have a good leader is also skilled at strategic thinking, able to make a vision a reality, and able to confront change, make transitions, and envision new possibilities for the future.
2. You provide a service that helps business owners succeed; can you explain more about that?
– Most business owners start their business and focus all their energy and time working on the business and trying to build the business, but they forget that the business is a reflection and expression of the owners thinking and mindset. That’s where my coaching services come in to help the owner develop their mindset, goals and performance for running their business efficiently and effectively. Business owners need to continually change and grow, to achieve the success they deserve and are looking for (the world is continually changing and at an ever faster pace and they need to as well). Change in business is part of the journey.
3. Does everyone have what it takes to be a successful businessperson?
-I believe everyone who desires to be a business owner can be successful with the right tools such as coaching, mentoring and leadership development.
4. Donald Trump has become one of the biggest business success stories in the world, what do you think is secret is?
– Donald Trump is a huge business success because of his smart and gutsy moves in the real estate market. He is good at making decisions sticking to his guns.
5. A lot of business owners fail to advance their business, no matter how hard they try, why do you think that is?
– I think most business owners fail to advance because they model what creates struggle and mediocrity rather than modeling what creates extraordinary entrepreneurial success. The statistics speak for themselves. Most business owner I know is anxious to improve their circumstances, but the vast majority are unwilling to improve themselves, consequently they remain stuck in the results they work so desperately hard to change. Many of these are bright, hard-working business owners, but because they’ve always done things in a certain way, their minds are closed to a different approach.
6. More people are turning to business coaching; can you explain what is involved?
– It’s not as if coaches have secret powers or have some deep-seated knowledge of your industry that could open the door to more success. Coaches are mere humans like you and me. However, good coaches can help you see what you’re missing and identify your blind spots. Coaching shortens the decision-making process, enabling action to be taken much sooner – a key to survival in a fast-moving business battlefield. By increasing the business owners’ confidence and their professionalism in the way that they conduct business, will have a positive impact on customer satisfaction and, ultimately, business growth. Coaching is a Partnership — one in which both sides work to reach an agreed-upon destination. The aim of the partnership is to bring about sustained behavioral change and transform the quality of the leader’s working and personal life.
7. Can business coaching really help a person to advance their business and achieve more out of life?
Absolutely. With the right coach a business owner can advance their business and achieve more out of life. Coaching has become a viable option for businesses and organizations looking to operate at peak performance. Where training and workshops are usually general in nature when everyone learns the same set of material, coaching is individualized and specifically tailored to the person. Effective coaches go to great lengths to emphasize the unique talents and abilities of their clients as well as emphasize their client’s potential. It’s about challenging their clients and helping them change their behavior. It’s about encouraging clients to be open to change, to step-up, and to be more accountable. Not surprisingly, coaching improves the bottom line.
8. You are offering a free book called Brain Battalion, which can be downloaded from your site; can you tell me more about the book?
– Brain Battalion is For those individuals who want to come up with effective solutions to their respective problems, brain battalion will greatly help you to fully understand your brain to easily and quickly come up with a battle plan for intelligence. It is a fact that understanding your brain to instantly come up with a battle plan that is designed for intelligence is not an easy task at all since it requires time, effort, passion and dedication to make sure that you will obtain the best possible results that you are expecting.
9. Do you think we should be encouraging the younger generation to think about becoming self-employed?
– I think we should encourage the younger generation think about self-employment and entrepreneurship because small businesses have a huge impact on the economy. The traditional job for life career path has become
rarer and youth entrepreneurship will need to be seen as an additional way of allowing the youth into the labor market and promoting job creation.
I believe youth entrepreneurship in the way to go because of the following reasons:
• Youth entrepreneurship is an option to create employment for the youth.
• Young entrepreneurs are more likely to hire fellow youths.
• Young entrepreneurs are particularly responsive to new economic opportunities and trends.
• Young people are active in high growth sectors.
• Young people with entrepreneurial skills are better employees;
• Young people are more innovative and often create new forms of independent work.
• Young people who are self-employed have higher “life satisfaction”
• Entrepreneurship offers unemployed or discouraged youth an opportunity to build sustainable livelihoods and a chance to integrate themselves into society.
• Entrepreneurial experience and/or education help youth develop new skills that can be applied to other challenges in life. Non-cognitive skills, such as opportunity recognition, innovation, critical thinking, resilience, decision-making, teamwork, and leadership will benefit all youth whether or not they intend to become or continue as entrepreneurs.
10. What would you like to see schools in the USA do to help students get ready for the business world?
– I would like to see more Training in “soft skills” like communication, decision making and problem-solving. Also more partnerships between businesses and schools to provide real-world experience for the students. I think there should be more experiential learning that reflects modern workplaces.
For more information on Andreas Jones, and how he is helping business people reach their goals, please visit www.AndreasAJones.com
About Andreas Jones
Andreas Jones is a best-selling author, certified coach, speaker, and trainer combining more than 10 years of experience in domestic and international corporate and military environments.
Name- Andreas Jones
Powered by WPeMatico