A leading power washing company has explained why we should clean our roofs and all the benefits behind it. TVC Wash Exterior Cleaning which is based in Springfield, Missouri said that cleaning a roof can extend its lifespan, and reduce the cost of repairs.
The company that has a wide-range of services that includes cleaning residential and commercial exterior surfaces, can help restore the look of a property. By using their services, they can help remove mold, dirt, and bacteria.
One of the reasons why TVC wash Exterior Cleaning agreed to give an interview about their roof power washing services, is to help people understand how important it is to keep the roof clean and the benefits it provides.
- Why is it important to clean a roof? Mold, mildew, lichen, and other living organisms can wreak havoc on your roofing materials if left without regular maintenance. Not to mention those unsightly black streaks and dis-colored shingles leave you with less than desirable curb appeal.
- So, you are saying that cleaning a roof can increase the longevity of that roof, how? Yes, it most certainly can. Having your roof soft washed by a professional like TVC wash Exterior Cleaning gets rid of the mold by killing it at the spore. Pressure washing on the other hand can ruin your roof in many ways and still does not kill mold.
- Can mother nature not do the same job as you provide? I mean, when it rains does that not clean the roof and help to increase the lifespan of that roof? Rainwater actually feeds the growth of mold, mildew, and lichen. When TVC wash Exterior Cleaning washes a roof we use a softwash system to apply the proper amount of bio-degradable chemicals. Our process kills mold at the spore. This ensures your roof stays clean for up to 3 years.
- A roof can accumulate a lot of bacteria, do you use any special chemicals to remove that bacteria? Yes, we use a proprietary blend of surfactant and cleaning agents to completely rid your roof of all living bacteria. We use top of the line bio-degradable/ earth conscience products as often as possible.
- When you look at a roof that has not been cleaned in sometimes you can see black roof stains, what are they? If you live in a humid area like we do here in Springfield Missouri, you’ve probably seen those unsightly dark streaks on asphalt shingle roofs or even metal and composite roofs. Though often attributed to an accumulation of dirt, defective shingles, mold, or mildew; the most common culprit is actually a blue-green algae Gloeocapsa Magma that is spread by airborne spores.
- The robust breed of blue-green algae which is called Gloeocapsa Magma can be seen on lots of uncleaned roofs, if it is allowed to multiply without being removed through your low pressure cleaning process, what damage can it cause the roof? When left unattended, your roof will turn black from algae. The other issue is when mold growth begins. Mold can start lifting your shingles from each other. It can begin to eat through roofing under layment and eventually begin its way onto the actual structuring of the roof. When this happens, it is already too late. You will need the mold removed plus then need the roof repaired and most likely re-shingled.
- How often would you recommend the roof is cleaned? Every property and roof are different so, the long-term outcome may vary. We do offer a 2-year warranty on all of our roof washes. If there is visual growth within 2 years, we will come back to clean that spot with absolutely $0 charge to our clients.
- If I have a new roof do, I still need it cleaned every year? No. Roofs don’t typically need cleaned every year. Once you start seeing even the slightest change in color or start seeing the black streaks its time to get your roof soft washed.
- When you have cleaned the roof, how long does it last? I’ve seen roofs need spot cleaned in 3 years and ive seen roofs looking great after a decade. Every property is unique. With our 2-year Roof Wash warranty you can have peace of mind that you’ll be covered for 730 days after our roof wash.
- Can I ask how you clean the roof; a lot of people are worried about pressure washers and how they can strip the granules from asphalt shingles? That is definitely something to be worried about. We here at TVC Wash Exterior Cleaning utilize a low-pressure soft wash system to apply and rinse our proprietary solutions. We also provide a free gutter cleaning with every roof wash. This ensures our chemicals will drain instead of being trapped in your gutters.
- A lot of people don’t clean their roof, why do you think that is, and could one reason be that they don’t understand how important it is to keep the roof clean? That is a very good question. I think a lot of folks get told bad information from suppliers/ installers.
- What would you say the four most important reasons are for cleaning a roof?1st I’d start with, integrity of your roof. If mold is allowed to intrude on your roofing structure you can end up with water damage, weak brittle and broken shingles, warping, silicone failure on metal roofs and so much more. We’re also hearing of insurance companies either refusing to cover roofs if not cleaned and maintained properly or dropping clients due to not getting their roof or house washed. 2nd CURB APPEAL :Doesn’t a new roof look good when you’re driving by? 3rd Energy efficiency. Black and moldy roofing materials get hotter than clean maintained materials. The difference can be significant.
- What is the average price for a roof to be cleaned? We have a minimum charge of $400. The price goes up from there.
To learn more about TVC wash Exterior Cleaning Roof Wash Services, and to see the full range of exterior cleaning services they provide, please visit https://TVCwash.com/