Dylan Degennaro Talks About Becoming An Instagram Influencer
Have you heard the term Instagram Influencer and thought what is that? Well, Instagram influencers are taking over the world. These people are documenting their lives through beautiful photography while at the same time getting paid by well-known brands.
Instagram followers come in different shapes and forms, and it is not just people who can become an Instagram influencer, dogs and other pets can become one as well. Yes, seriously, pets can have their own Instagram account and get paid to promote products.
Although there are tens of thousands of celebrities who are Instagram Influencers, who make serious money, you don’t have to be famous to become an influencer.
So, what makes someone an Instagram Influencer? The answer is, someone who has the power to influence others. That person must have enough followers to have the power to convince other people to buy a product. There are Instagram Influencers with more than 7M followers while there are also some with just one thousand followers.
One man who knows all about becoming an Instagram Influencer is Dylan DeGennaro. He is an expert on Instagram and he, himself is an influencer who runs multiple accounts. He also helps other people to become a success on Instagram. He has become one of the most respected experts on increasing Instagram traffic and followers, and today he has agreed to sit down with us to talk about his success and how to become an Instagram Influencer.
Dylan DeGennaro has become one of those success stories on Instagram. He owns over 7 million followers on his Instagram pages, and all this is due to the use of the right strategies for social media marketing.
- So, Dylan DeGennaro, who are you and what do you do?
- I am an Instagram influencer and own over 7M followers on the platform. I own/run multiple theme pages on Instagram. I do a lot of music marketing. I attend Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut as well. I major in Advertising and Integrated Communications.
- You are an Instagram marketing professional, what does that mean?
- I like to think that this means that I am good at influencing people with enjoyable content on my theme pages. I like to create content that is very native to the page that advertises a certain song/artist. Instagram marketing is very easy in my opinion and anyone can do it. Over time you will learn techniques that work better than others.
- We keep hearing about these Instagram influencers, what are they are why are so many people trying to become one?
- Instagram influencers are people that influence an audience built around themselves. So many people are trying to become Instagram influencers because you can make thousands of dollars every week just by living and documenting your life. It is very simple, and you can do it all from your phone.
- So, people can earn serious money on Instagram by being an Influencer, how does someone become an influencer?
- One becomes an influencer by following different techniques that influencers share. You can try to go viral to get a boost with your following, Use hashtags for free publicity on the app, purchase shoutouts from Instagram or theme pages.
- How much could a new influencer expect to earn?
- A new influencer could expect to earn $1000-$10,000 a month from their Instagram following. It all depends on the number of followers you have, the engagement rate of your followers and the demographics of your followers. There is a variety of types of influencers on social media and they all earn different amounts of money. What I listed above is an average of what people make that I know in the communities.
- Who is the highest paid influencer on Instagram?
- Most celebrities are considered influencers, I would have to say Kylie Jenner due to her amazing accomplishments.
- So, if I wanted to be an Instagram Influencer and I have only got 2,000 followers, what advice would you give me to me?
- If I were you, I would really try to tap into hashtags on Instagram and engaging with other pages similar to yours. You could purchase targeted shoutouts from Instagram or buy shoutouts from theme pages with a demographic you are looking for.
- How many Instagram followers do I need before I can class myself as an Instagram Influencer?
- I like to say you can class yourself as Instagram influencer once you have anywhere between 10-100k, it all depends on how you are branded. I like to think you are a true influencer once you reach above 100k followers. 100,000 people following your page for you is pretty powerful and they want to continue to see what you are doing in your life and how you live your life.
- What is the best way to build followers on Instagram?
- The best and cheapest way to build followers on Instagram is with hashtags.
- So, provide me with three tips that really work to build Instagram followers?
- Post/Create content on a regular basis that all follows the same theme.
- Have fun with what you are doing. Do not force yourself into something you are not enjoying.
- Have your username to be short and sweet. Your username could be a reason someone does not click that follow button. Underscores and periods in the username look unprofessional.
- Are there any free tools or paid tools available to help me build my Instagram followers?
- I do not know of any tools that can help build your Instagram followers as they can be against Instagram’s guidelines.
- I have heard that you should Collaborate With Other Influencers to become an Instagram Influencer, how do you approach people to do that?
- I get tons of DM’s from people asking how I do what I do, so I am going to have to say that. Direct Messaging is very easy on Instagram and is a good way to get in contact with people. If you found someone that has a similar audience to the one you are looking to build, just reach out to them via DM. What do you have to lose? Not being responded to? Who cares!
- My question is, why would someone who is better known than me, take notice of me or agree to work together if I have less followers than them?
- The quality of your work may be better than someone that has more followers than you. I do not like to classify people based on their followers. I look at their quality of their work and the audience they have.
- What is your opinion on all these companies that offer to sell people fake Instagram followers?
- I think it is very scummy that companies do this as it is against Instagram’s guidelines. They are basically fraudulent companies placing fake people on your account that will not engage on your posts at all. It is never worth it to buy fake followers on Instagram even for number purposes.
- Ok, I wake up one morning and I have more Instagram followers and I run around the room with a glass of gin in one hand and my mobile phone in the other celebrating I am an Influencer on Instagram, now what?
- There is always more work to be done, How can you better your page? How can you leverage your following even more? Always think of what’s next! The next milestone will always be better!
- How do I decide how much to charge for companies wishing me to promote their products?
- If you have under 50k followers, most companies would most likely just send you free products in return of posting about their products either on your feed or story. I like to base my prices on how relevant the product is to my audience. I like to stay close to $1 for every 10k followers on my theme pages but personal pages are different. I think a good price would be $3-$5every 10k followers you have.
- How do I get companies to advertise with me and pay me money?
- Most companies pay influencers with PayPal. You can reach out to companies via DM or email seeing if they are looking for influencers to market their products. You can look at similar influencers and see what companies they are promoting. It doesn’t hurt to reach out to that same company!
- If someone is over the age of 50, can they still become an Instagram Influencer?
- Of course, they can! If you have the right mindset, you can do anything you want. You would possibly have to try to tap into different markets/audiences to build your followers.
- I keep on hearing about things going viral, obviously this is not something you should go to the doctor for, what does it mean going viral?
- Going viral is a term used for your post doing better than its average amount of likes/views by over 2-3x. On Instagram, you can see insights on a certain post and see how many people viewed the post from the explore page.
- How do I make a post on Instagram go viral?
- Going viral is always tricky as Instagram continues to change their algorithm in this field. I like to use relevant hashtags, create original content, have people engage on the post (Like & Comment) and share the post to their story.
- So, with your marketing experience, if I sent you something I posted on Instagram, you could help make it go viral?
- I could do my best to help try to make it go viral with sending the post out to other pages in the community to see if they would like or comment on the post.
- Some people would like to post to their Instagram account via their computer, but Instagram don’t offer that facility, is there a way around that?
- I believe there is an Instagram app on the windows store where you can post. You can post via the web but there is an arrangement of steps. You would have to make the site seen as mobile on your browser and the posting button will appear. You can do this by right clicking your screen and hitting inspect. A window will pop up, then in the top left of that window you should see an icon that looks similar to a phone/tablet. If you click that, it should change the layout of your screen to look like a mobile device.
- If anyone would like to work with you to gain more exposure, how would they get hold of you?
- If someone would like to work with me, the best way is to DM my personal account @Trippin on Instagram. My bigger theme pages: @RapMusic & @Male are flooded with DM’s and will easily get lost.