New claims over Mel B marriage has surfaced again. This time around it has been claimed Mel B was held hostage by her husband for four days. However, although the police have now stated they want to interview Mel B husband Stephen Belafonte, the X Factor judge has denied the claims.
Mel B laughed off claims that her husband held her hostage in December of last year. After the news had broken that police wanted to interview Stephen Belafonte over the hostage claims, Mel B announced the story was false.
The former Spice Girl, who missed the first day of the X Factor final, returned the following day without her wedding ring. That left fans wondering if the stories that the marriage was in crises were true. The reason for Mel B no show on the X Factor final were claimed to be down to medical reasons, but now fans are convinced Mel B is in a doomed marriage.
Mel B, on the other hand, has turned to Twitter to tell her fans, not to believe the hostage stories.
Writing on the social media site, Mel, 40, said: “Pls don’t believe what you read it’s all lies lies lies as usual.”
The Metropolitan police have confirmed they have been made aware of a claim that Mel B was held hostage for four days. A spokesman said: “Police in Kensington and Chelsea borough are investigating an allegation of false imprisonment. The allegation was reported on Monday December 15.